Sunday, July 20, 2008

a beginning

i find that in most things i do, artistic or otherwise, i lack confidence in my choices. i pour effort and emotion into what i'm doing, but second guess myself. i end up standing in front of my ideas with my arms open wide, cringing and hiding them from view, rather than standing behind them with a proud smirk on my face that may or may not say, "take that, sucker". this is my attempt at trusting my choices, honoring my efforts, and giving my ideas a little room to breathe. they can't like it stuck up in my brain all the time, after all, it gets a little cramped.

so, this is my little project for myself. i'm going to post a bit of whatever happens to be occupying my musings at the time and see how it looks and feels from a different view. it may be poetry, fiction, script, or just my thoughts (the most needful of all!) in doing this i hope to gain perspective, new ideas, and always, always learn something about myself. it will also hopefully encourage me to revise and open myself up to suggestions and criticism. eek! so, if you're reading this, enjoy. or don't enjoy, but tell me about it either way.

No comments: